Tech trends and business ideas

All things that motivate entrepreneurs

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Domain squatters back in business

The best reaction to the WSJ story on Business.com - a search engine used by businesses to find products and services (now on the auction block reportedly for $ 300-400 million) - came from John Murrel.

“I suppose everyone's got some coulda-shoulda investment story. I distinctly remember at age 11 regretting that my allowance did not allow me to put some early money into communications satellites. And I still get a twinge when I think that back in the early '90's before the Web took off, I could have (hell, anyone could have) snapped up a bunch of generic .com domain names, like news.com, search.com, sports.com. Just two minutes of clear foresight and I could have done what CNet and some others did. Of course, the speculative domain name market peaked during the tech bubble, and knowing me, I would have bailed, probably way too early, and suffered a different regret. So it goes.”

Back to the bubble ?
.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home